07 February 2008

Recent Happenings

Tuesday:
We celebrated Otto's birthday with some friend's. We all met up at a place called Prime Quarter.


Here's our Friend Ashley cooking her Kabob... in pieces. It just started falling apart, and was easier to cook this way!



Chris and Jess came to join us as well! This was their nice picture!



Anne and Ryan... As you can tell Ryan enjoys making faces. And he was a little wound trying to keep up with Super Tuesday.



And, of course, here's Otto and I.

I was a wonderful meal made extra special with our friends who were able to make it. Sorry to Heather and James who weren't able to come because of the bad weather. Luckily the weather wasn't so bad in town. We knew the bad weather wasn 't coming until later. All-in-all it was GREAT! I even make Otto a rhubarb apple pie!!!



Wednesday:
In case you didn't follow the weather we ended up with a Winter Storm Tuesday night and all day Wednesday. Which means I got another SNOW DAY! And I understand why schools were canceled. The wind and snow made it nearly impossible to see the road. At one point I opened the living room window and saw this:

The wind was blowing so hard that it matted the window so I could hardly see outside. And when I could see outside I was watching the tree branches wiping in the wind.

So, I spent all day at home... Unfortunately I didn't sleep in cause I was worried about Otto driving in this weather. But I did get a ton of work done around the house. I basically cleaned every room, but the kitchen, and worked on some wedding stuff I had put in the back burner until I had more time. Talk about a relaxing day! I wish every Wednesday was a SNOW DAY!



Thursday:
I obviously paid for it by not going anywhere on Wednesday. I came out to go to work to find my car buried! This is the picture from when I knocked all the snow down from the drivers side. Before I did anything it was from the roof to the ground from the drifting.

I just laughed because I was smart enough to put on my snow pants before leaving for work. I dug in and cleaned it all off in record time! And still had time to stop for a coffee on my way to work!

2 comments:

Smiley said...

So, if you had so much extra time, why didn't you come clean the snow off my car? Or...I dunno...salt my sidewalk so I wouldn't sprain my knee? Kids these days.

Unknown said...

Have you been loosing weight, Kris? You looke great. It could be bride-to-be glow though.