23 January 2008

Flu Infested Facility

Yesterday afternoon was... well... chaotic! At 3pm we start turning on our classroom lights so the kids can get up from nap time. Some still sleep with the noise and lights on... But yesterday we were helping the kids put stuff away when one child sat up, looked around, and then vomited all over their nap mat! Immediately we took action and took them to the bathroom, and started cleaning things up. Before a minute could pass another child got sick as well.... but this was so much worse. For this child was standing nowhere near their nap mat... and it seems like it was neverending in all directions. Seriously! We had to call in the assistant director to help wrangle the rest of our kids so we could clean everything up and call the parents of the kids who got sick. So, I cleaned up the kids, while my co-teacher cleaned up the mats. We then called the parents and isolated the two away from the rest of the group. One parent was on their way, so we talked to them for awhile before they left. Just as the parent and child left the room our child who was still waiting got sick again all over the clean clothes we had put on! And it turns out the child who was leaving got sick all over the entry way to the school as well... Creepy! Both of them got sick within a minute of each other twice! It was just rough! It smelled horrible, and my co-teacher and I were trying to keep our composures as much as possible. Luckily none of us got sick. Unfortunately this Flu has been going around the facility like a wild fire! Every classroom has had to deal with this at one point over the past month. And sadly there are only a few of our kids who have not has this yet... I'm worried we're going to have a repeat of yesterday, and in that case I don't think my stomach will be able to handle it.

4 comments:

Devin and Megan said...

I honestly don't know how you did it! I would have thrown up to and trying not to laugh!

Smiley said...

I may or may not have puked. I dunno. I do know I would have grabbed the other kids and RUN.

K.Dingfelder said...

We couldn't just RUN! We had 8 others, and only 2 adults... we had to wait for someone to come help us. Although we did keep the kids the farthest away from it as we could manage.

Smiley said...

But I could have, lol. Did you hear about the day a kid came out of the cafeteria and puked in the hall right outside my windowed door? Niiiiiice. No lunch for me that day.